The organisers of the Festival including anyone appointed by the organisers to undertake any task accept no liability in the event of accidents leading to physical injury, disablement or death. Further, they accept no liability in the event of loss or damage to any property brought onto the Rhenish Girls’ High School premises, irrespective of such loss or damage arises from fire, theft, ’Act of God’, Eskom loadshedding or any other cause or as a result of negligence (gross or otherwise) or a wrongful act committed by any person whether in the employ of Rhenish Girls’ High School or part of the Festival Committee or contractually appointed by the said committee to provide a service at Festival 2022.
At the time of publication, current government regulations require that everyone wear masks while on the premises of the Festival venues, including but not limited to the quilt exhibition, the vendors’ hall, and during workshops/classes. Furthermore, all attendees must show proof of vaccination, a negative COVID test within 72 hours of attending, or a doctor’s exemption letter. Please check the website https://sacoronavirus.co.za/ for the latest requirements.
The Festival Committee will take all precautions to ensure the health and safety of participants and visitors at the South African Quilt Festival to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but takes no responsibility should anyone become infected. Any COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time will be enforced.
Workshop time tables may be adjusted at the last minute to accommodate any Eskom loadshedding and the Committee will endeavour to inform all concerned timeously but participants are asked to check the Festival website. Should class time be lost as a result of Eskom loadshedding, the Committee cannot be held liable and also cannot refund any students for any workshops.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancellations on or before 27 September will be refunded minus a 10% admin fee.
• On or after 28 September, cancellations will not be refunded unless the organisers cancel the activity.
• If cancelling your entire booking, the R200 Compulsory Festival Participant Registration is non-refundable.
• Should you be unable to attend for any reason and wish to transfer your ticket to someone else, please notify the Registrar at email@example.com
• If you cannot attend the workshop and did not cancel before the cut-off date, you may transfer your ticket to a friend to participate in your place. Please provide the friend’s details to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Festival Committee reserves the right to cancel any workshop that does not meet the minimum number of participants or for any unforeseen circumstances. A full refund will be provided on the workshop fee only if a workshop is cancelled.
• In the case of load shedding or power failure, workshops will continue as scheduled. Workshop time tables may be adjusted at the last minute to accommodate any Eskom loadshedding. The Committee will endeavour to inform all concerned timeously but participants are asked to check the Festival website. Teachers may adjust the workshop content as necessary.
• Should class time be lost as a result of Eskom loadshedding, the Committee cannot be held liable and also cannot refund any students for any workshops.